Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Day on Lake Herrington...

After spending almost the entire previous weekend cleaning and getting our house in tip-top shape for our open house (which by the way was NOT a success), we decided that we needed to have a more enjoyable weekend this weekend.   We couldn’t think of a more enjoyable way to spend the day than on the boat at the lake.  So Craig fueled the boat and loaded up the life jackets and I packed a bag full of beach towels, sunscreen, and snacks and we took off to Herrington Lake which is only about a 30-minute drive from our house.  Dalton went with us too.  He had never tubed before so he was anxious to go.
We hadn’t eaten lunch so as soon as we got there, we headed to Herrington Marina to have lunch and we sat out on the patio and enjoyed the view of the lake while we ate.  The food was mediocre and the service was very lacking but we still enjoyed it.  It was a beautiful day—we couldn’t have asked for better weather!
After lunch, it was time to do some “simming” as Addi calls it.  It took all the strength I had to keep her in the boat because the water was calling her name.  So before we even got the tube out, Craig had to stop in a cove so that she could get in. 

After we got everyone back in the boat, it was time to tube.  Austin started out and showed Dalton how it’s done and even stood up some too.  Then it was Dalton’s turn.  He loved it and even stood up and showed us some tricks too.  After that both of them got on together and rode for a while.

By that time, Addi was getting grouchy because it was past time for a nap.  I was able to keep her occupied temporarily with a cherry ring pop!  She loves those and enjoys them all over—she and I both were sticky from head to toe!
She finally gave in to her exhaustion and went to sleep.  It was very relaxing to just hold her while cruising in the boat.  She slept for close to an hour and after she woke up, she got back in the water for a quick swim and then it was time to load up the boat and head home.  We had been out for about 3.5-4 hours and we were ready to call it a day—plus it was starting to cloud up and look like rain. 

We got loaded up just in time—a major thunderstorm rolled in—we were so glad that we left when we did.
We had a great time and it was so nice to just take a day to RELAX!

No comments:

Post a Comment