Friday, May 27, 2011

Hard to Let Go...

Okay, so I guess this was a huge accomplishment for me, but it was so pathetically difficult.  For the first time ever, Addi spent the night away from me last night.  It was definitely hard on me but I’m sure it didn’t phase her.
Craig normally works night shift so he takes Addison to my mom in the morning after he drops Austin off at school.  She usually gets to mom’s house at around 10.  Craig was needed to work day-shift on Friday and had to be at work at 7 AM which meant I would need to be the one to drop Addi off and then go in to work later than normal.
Mom suggested letting her stay the night Thursday night so that I didn’t have to go into work late.  It was already 8 PM Thursday night and she normally goes to bed at 9, so I only had another waking hour to spend with her and it was a very convenient suggestion, so I reluctantly agreed.  She is normally still asleep when I leave for work in the morning anyway, so I knew that I wasn’t going to miss out on spending any time with her Friday morning either.  I convinced myself that I could handle this and packed her overnight bag for her first sleep-over.
When they pulled out of the drive-way and I waved good-bye, I broke down and cried hysterically for about 30 seconds and then I quickly pulled myself together.  Hello?  She was in GREAT hands—it’s not like I was sending her off to spend an evening with some psycho-lunatic strangers.  She would be the center of attention and spoiled rotten!  Plus, she doesn’t get a lot of time with Grandma & Grandpa by herself because normally Katie & Connor are there too, so she needed the extra TLC. 
I cleaned like mad to keep myself from thinking about it and actually got a lot accomplished.  I had Craig call at 9:45 to make sure that she was sound asleep and found out that she and Grandpa were still reading books at that time (see, she was SPOILED)!  She should have been in dreamland by that time!
All was well and she did great.  As I knew it would be, it was much harder on Mommy than Addison.  It was a good first step for me, but it will probably be a while before I let her go again!!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment