Monday, December 5, 2011

No More Paci...

Well, it has been 3 days now since Addison has had a pacifier.  It was so much easier than I expected!!  She last used it on Friday during the day with my mom and Friday night, while I was giving her a bath, I asked Craig to go through the house and find all of the pacifiers.  He came back with a quart-size freezer bag full.  We put them away and that was it.  At bedtime that night, she never asked for it.  She had her blanky of course and went to sleep quickly and paci-free.  There were a couple of times throughout the weekend that she asked where her pacis were but I just told her that they were all gone and that we didn’t have anymore pacis and she seemed okay with that.
Mom said that she did say, “I want a paci Grandma,” on Monday morning but mom gave her the same answer—that they are all gone.  Mom said she was okay with that.  I guess she just had to try to see if she would get a different answer from Grandma because when “momma says no, ask grandma!”
I am hoping that potty training will be as easy.  I did set a potty chair in the bathroom at home so that she can start seeing it and I will start asking her if she wants to sit on it.  I am not going to really start working on potty training though until the week after Christmas when I am off work and have a whole week to devote to it.  If she resists it a lot, I am not going to worry about it because it is still really early but she just seems so smart, that I am going to give it a try.
Although I know it was time to get rid of the paci (per instructions from her pediatrician), I can't help but remember how cute she was with it (see below)...  Just another sign that she is growing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment