Friday, May 4, 2012

Party Planning!

We have been preparing for Addi’s 2nd birthday party.  She is really excited.  It’s really fun now that she seems to understand what is going on and what to expect.  It truly is amazing how smart kids are.  I did her invitations myself this year and they turned out really cute.  I made them on the Snapfish website and then sent them to Meijers to be printed!

One night, we were getting ready for bed and I asked her who she was going to invite to her party and she was naming off family members and her little friends and I went on to ask her if she was excited about opening birthday presents.  I guess the idea of opening presents gave her an idea of someone else she wanted to invite to her party—SANTA!!!  I laughed so hard when she told me that she also wanted Santa to come to her party!  What a brilliant little girl!  J
I was planning to do a Tinkerbell themed party since she has been so into Tinkerbell and fairies.  It was a great plan since my sister had saved some stuff for me to re-use from Katie’s Tinkerbell party.  With about 2 weeks before the big date, she informed me that she didn’t want a Tinkerbell part—she wanted a Toy Story party!  If I haven’t mentioned it before, she has become quite infatuated with the movie Toy Story 3.  She has books and coloring books and several of the stuffed characters from the movie and she loves it all.  So, needless to say, the NEW plan was to have a Toy Story party.  I went the next day to Toys R’ Us and got the plates, napkins, goodie bags, etc…  I had found a Buzz Lightyear piñata online and assumed that I could find it in the store but I was wrong…  I looked several places in town for the Buzz piñata and came up short so we did a generic happy birthday piñata.  She was happy with it when I brought it home so that’s all that matters.  She was also really excited with all of the candy I had bought to fill it with—M&Ms, little candy bars, suckers, smarties, tootsie rolls, etc..  She was a big help when it came to filling up the piñata!    




Her actual birthday fell on a Friday so I took the day off work to spend a girl’s day with my girl.  We invited her bestest bud Katie Belle to go with us and headed to Build-a-bear at the mall where both girls picked out something to “build.”  They were so excited!  Addi picked out a rainbow/tie-dyed looking bunny and Katie picked out the same kind except hers was a bear.  The girls did a great job! 




It was a beautiful day outside so we went from there to the park and spent at least an hour playing outside.  It was a lot of fun and there were very few kids at the park since most kids were at school! 



After the park, everyone was getting tired so we headed home to rest.  After Addi’s nap, we decided to get the pink pool out and play.  It was wonderful to just sit outside and watch her play while soaking up some sun!  She enjoyed playing in the water and eating strawberries!




Later that evening, Aunt Lyndi let Addi open one of her birthday gifts early.  It was Simba and Nala stuffed animals.  Addi has recently gotten into the Lion King also!  She loved the new animals and carried them around the house all night--even rocked them in her rocking chair! 

It was a great day to celebrate my sweet Addi’s 2nd birthday.  I’m so thankful to have had the whole day with her.  Happy Birthday sweet girl.  Momma loves you so much!

1 comment: