Sunday, December 15, 2013

Just a few things I want to remember...

I haven't blogged much about the ever-changing interests and talents of my sweet Addi so I just wanted to write a quick post about all that she is into these days!

First off, she LOVES school (not so much when I'm waking her up in the morning to get ready but once all that sleepiness subsides, she is READY)!  They work on letter identification at school and we work a lot on it at home too and she can write ALL 26 letters of the alphabet in upper case.  She loves to write people notes so I am always spelling out words for her to write and she does a great job!  She is really into coloring right now too and is getting so much better about taking her time and staying in the lines.  She loves to color pictures for people (especially Mommy and Katie).  She loves to play UNO and is really good at it too!  She is really enjoying playing with the Barbie dolls (that used to be mine when I was little) but she has trouble getting their clothes changed by herself (which is understandable since Barbie is known for wearing skin-tight clothing)!!!  She loves playing with My Little Ponies and loves all things PONY!  She loves to pretend that she is a puppy or a kitten and tells me all about how she lives in a cave with her mommy and daddy but they had to go on a trip and leave her behind and she is lonely so she needs to find a new home until they come back--ha ha!!  So funny!  Of course I always tell her that she is welcome to stay with us until her family comes back.  She obliges with a ruff ruff or meow meow.  Oh and BOOKS--she loves to be read to.  We take lots of trips to the library for different books.  [Sidenote--why are there SO many completely ridiculous books out there?  We will check out books and bring them home and I'm like, "really, did someone pay money for this?"  I'm all for silly, goofy, cute books but some of them are RIDICULOUS and I'm amazed that libraries even keep them on the shelves...  But, I digress..]

She mostly is wearing sizes 3T and 4T and about a 9.5 toddler shoe.  She hasn't had a potty accident in FOREVER (not even overnight)!  She still loves her blankies and has a couple of ponies that she sleeps with and a little doggie named Brownie (Pinky Pie is still around but she doesn't sleep with him very often anymore). 

We are very blessed in that she is a really good child--we've never experienced the pains of the terrible 2's or the tantrum-filled 3's.  She just doesn't do that.  I'm not saying she is never whiny or anything because she does have her moments but they truly are rare.  She is a blessing and lights up a room wherever she goes.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment