Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

This year Thanksgiving was a little different - good but different.  Typically, we have Thanksgiving lunch at my parent's house and my Memaw and Papaw and Aunt Sandy join us.  This year, though, they decided to have lunch in Bardstown with my dad's brother's family and my Mamaw Pogue decided that she was going to cook a Thanksgiving meal at her house so we all decided to join her in Louisville.  My sister's family wasn't able to go since they had obligations in Nicholasville but we didn't have to be back in Nicholasville until 6 that night so we were able to spend Thanksgiving lunch in Louisville.  My mom, me, and Addi actually went down on Wednesday night and spent the night and had a great time playing cards until about midnight while Addi and Hunter played together.   The next morning we helped cook and get everything prepared for lunch.  Everything was wonderful and we had quite a large gathering!  It was great to see and spend time with:  Mamaw Pogue, David & Sharon Pogue, Brent, Sara, and Hunter Pogue, Mark and Jennifer Pogue and their 4 kiddos, Lauren and Lilly Pogue and Phil, and Joe and Shelly Dadisman along with all of my family that was there (mom, dad, Brad, Craig, Austin, Addison).













We left Louisville around 2:30 and headed back to Nicholasville to get together with all of Craig's family and eat again that night.  We had Thanksgiving dinner at the Bartram's and it was wonderful too.  Craig even ran to Walmart for me after eating to get a pre-black Friday bargain!

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and we are so blessed with amazing family.  I am thankful for the amazing family I was born into as well as the family I married into who treat me as I was one of their own.





No comments:

Post a Comment