Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Fun...

This year Addison's birthday fell on a Saturday which was also the day of her birthday party.  I knew that the day would likley be hectic so I took off work on Friday to spend the day with the birthday girl.  I'm so thankful that I did because we had the best day and the weather was BEAUTIFUL!

We had never been to Shillito Park and I had heard that it had a great playground so we got there around 11 that morning and it was fantastic!  Mom brought Katie and Connor too so that all the kids could play together and they had a great time.

After about two hours of playing, my mom and Connor ran to McDonalds to get some lunch and we had a picnic lunch there at the park.  My dad was able to drop by to hang out with us for a while too.  After we ate, the kids played a little while longer and then we packed up to leave.  We had been at the park for nearly THREE hours!  Mom took Katie and Connor with her and Addi and went to Old Navy to look for her some new flip flops!  We shopped for a while and then picked up a slushy and headed home.

We were both exhausted by the time we got home and I wanted to take a nap with her but I had a lot of things to do to get ready for her party the next day!

I am so thankful for these wonderful memories.  I totally loved having the whole day to just focus on my little girl.  I can't believe that 3 years have passed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment