Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sensitive Girl..

Addi is a smart girl and she is starting to learn my weak spots already.  If I tell her that she can’t do something or can’t have something, she will get this sweet little pitiful face and say, “but mommy, I just love you.”  Yep, that is definitely a weak spot for me because hearing her say that, melts my heart… However, I have to be strong and learn that my sweet, little, innocent girl has figured that out about mommy at the young age of 2 and even though I know that she loves me, I know that she uses that sweet little proclamation to try and get her way!
She is also very sensitive and if she gets scolded for anything, it really does break her heart.  When she gets in trouble, we will usually tell her she needs to go to her room for a while and she usually takes off running to her room, completely heartbroken.  I usually let her stay in there for 5 minutes (or less) before I go in.  She immediately wants to hug me and she is very good about saying, “Sorry Mommy” through her tears.  Discipline is difficult but very necessary, no doubt.  I always try to explain to her why we had to send her to her room and she always listens carefully.  It always ends with a big bear hug and telling her I love her.  We have a book that we read quite a bit called “I Will Always Love You.”  It’s just about how little ones can do things that their parents don’t like and they will be disciplined but the parents will always love them anyway.  Through the discipline, I always want her to know that I will always love her! 
Here are a few random pictures taken lately...  Some of them have her friend the caterpillar in them (look closely)!








No comments:

Post a Comment