Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Day...

Christmas morning came and I was the only one awake—I woke up around 6 and was ready to get everyone up and get the party started.  I tried to make myself go back to sleep but couldn’t so I got up, made coffee, and just sat on the couch staring at the beautiful tree and reflecting on the blessings we had received.  I was grateful for that peaceful time that I had on Christmas morning (which is so very rare).  At 7:30, I decided it was time to get everyone up so I did!  The face of a two-year old on Christmas morning is worth it all. 


















Austin got a new North Face jacket, jeans, shirts, Rascal Flatts concert tickets, socks, and skin care stuff.  Addi got pink, sparkly boots (which she had asked Santa for), tan boots, Disney priness books with an e-reader, Leap Frog Phonics, Max and Ruby plush animals, Disney Princess purse, doctor kit, pink Columbia jacket, clothes, princess tiara and shoes, princess puzzles, and princess crocs.  It’s funny how inexpensive her stuff is compared to Austin’s!  I guess I better enjoy it while I can!  Craig got me some charms for my charm bracelet, new baking sheets, a gift certificate for a pedicure, new tennis shoes, and a Columbia jacket.  I got him a skil saw, new tennis shoes, and a shirt.
It was a great Christmas at home!  Then we had to get cleaned up to go to Mom and Dad’s house to have Christmas breakfast and then open gifts over there.
It was nice to have my parents, grandparents, aunt, brother, sister and the rest of our families all together but that makes for quite a crowd!  Mom and Dad were cooking a big breakfast for all of us—bacon, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, gravy, and biscuits.  It was wonderful as always! 

After breakfast, we sang Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus and then the mayhem of present opening began!  Because the kids are so little, it’s impossible to get them to open gifts one a time so it turns into a free-for-all!  Addi got a huge stuffed teddy bear (as big as she is) and a Minnie Mouse tea set from Mom and Dad as well as a savings bond.  Austin got a director’s chair from them and a savings bond.  Addi also got a stuffed Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck from the Mastin’s as well as Minnie Mouse utensils.  Austin got jeans and a shirt from the Mastin’s. 
She also got an Etch-a-sketch from Mamaw Pogue (GG).  Austin got an iTunes card. 















We stayed over there all day until we left to go back to the Vahle’s at 5 for dinner that evening.  Addi was so anxious to just GO BACK TO OUR HOUSE so that she could play with all of her new stuff! 
We had a great dinner at the Vahle’s and then picked up GG and took her back to our house to spend the night with us.  We stayed up late playing cards while Addi enjoyed playing with her new toys!
It was a busy day but a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Busy Christmas! Love her little sparkly boots and the picture of she and Austin hugging...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete