Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mommy is Home...

In case I’ve never mentioned this before, I LOVE being a mommy.  It’s so hard being a working mommy and being away at work all day, but it is the greatest feeling to come home from work every day and hear my Addison say, “my mommy is home” with excitement as soon as she hears me turn the door knob and walk inside.   I know her enthusiasm won’t last forever but I’m totally enjoying it right now.  It’s the little things that are so very special…
We always enjoy being outside and Addi loves taking charge of the water hose.  She waters my new mums (that she and Daddy picked out for our anniversary which was the 23rd) and she just loves spraying anything that she can find to spray off (bird poop, chalk art, etc..).  She got her shirt wet while watering and asked me to take it off!





She also loves spending time talking to and looking at the animals that are near our house.  We are blessed to have lots of farmland in our subdivision and she enjoys talking to and asking questions about the cows as well as petting and feeding the horses.  She is always asking about where their mommies and daddies are (which is so precious). 






It’s not always easy to appreciate the little things in life.  Too often, I find myself bogged down over what seem to be larger issues.  I definitely long for simpler times, but I try to remind myself to appreciate the simple things and thank God for His many blessings.
Playing at the mall


Pumpking from Aunt Dee and Tag

3 cousins - best buds
Movie night at home - Wizard of Oz


Ready for church!

Lone Oak Pool

2 comments:

  1. Lori-
    Addi is so beautiful!! I love the picture of her on the fence looking at the cows. She seems so smart and so sweet!! Who would have known how blessed we could be by the life of our little girls :) I know you are enjoying every moment and that you are an incredible mommy!
    Blessings from all of us in South Carolina.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori -

    I so knew that feeling when I was still in KY working...it's so hard! Thankfully she stays with family and if she can't be with Mommy, there's no better place for her to be! I LOVE the pics of her looking at the cows...God love her sweet little tan lines ;). Looks like she's had a fun filled summer. BTW - my sister bought one of those front bike seats like you and Lyndi posted pics of on FB and our kiddos LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete